Somehow it works…

For the last month the website didn’t work. Hmm, I am not a computer scientist…

I had a domain and hosting (from one provider) valid until 18th January. You were writing me not to remove this website. Polish Go Association has agreed to provide a hosting (free of charge). I’ve paid for a domain and extended it by one year. I didn’t know how the process of hosting’s provider changing looks like.

20th January had come and everything at the website worked – I thought, that the hosting had been changed and all will be fine. So, I’ve decided to change a layout of the website for one, which was better in my opinion. I’ve also changed subpages a bit and written a few new posts. After some time the website had stopped to work…

I didn’t know what’s going on – I have sent several e-mails. After a few days someone gave me some feedback. It turned out, that the hosting from the previous provider worked for 10 days after the deadline of payment. Then it had been blocked. The website wasn’t however “hooked” on the go.art.pl’s hosting and simply stopped to work. It took over a month, so that someone hooked the website onto that hosting. Moreover, a few days of work, which I’ve sacrifised for changing the website’s layout, were lost. Because the website was backed up before these changes.

So, thanks for the Polish Go Association for providing a hosting and hooking the website under this hosting. It’s a pity, that it took so much time and there is no new version available anymore.

Posted in News.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.